Blog has been horribly neglected for far too long. I am at my wits end today. First, it started as an awesome, uneventful day. Everything was running on schedule for daycare, everyones diapers were getting changed on time, everyone was being kept smiley and entertained.... Until lunch time.
Out of nowhere, the sky literally went pitch black. The wind started, the rain began to pour. I got a little nervous, but tried to keep a brave face on for the babies. Then, the power went out. I got candles and calmed down the youngest one who's afraid of the dark (Me too!!!) and tried to sit down to eat lunch with them at the candle-lit table. The wind was really frightening by this point.
CRASH!!!!!
As I watched in horror, the huge apple tree in our back yard fell with a sickening CRACK it fell directly across the alleyway behind the house, blocking it completely. It landed directly on our neighbors fence, knocking down a 4ft wide section.
I screamed, the kids screamed, and i cursed myself for not keeping my cool for them. I quickly hushed them and gave them all their apple juice which helped ease their tension a teeny bit (apple juice= baby beer, i swear).
I grabbed my huge umbrella, made sure all candles were out of reach of toddlers and ran out into the meelee to check the damage as they watched me from the window bench next to the table. All I could think as I sloshed out into the grass was "Please lord, don't let anyone be hurt... please also, don't let their yellow Chevy be scratched....PLEASE!!!"
As i got closer to the scene, I realized that no, no one was hurt and also, PRAISE GOD that old car wasn't touched. Our neighbor has an old chevy something or other (some kind of awesome muscle car) that he keeps under a tarp and works on on his off-days. The tree had landed mere inches from its passenger door panel. PRAISE GOD.
SO! Now I'm holed up in my little den while the kids all nap, trying to look up fence repair prices and trying not to let my hormones get the better of me. We just bought a house. We just bought a new car. We just found out we're pregnant. We have a $2000 deductible to pay for the new baby this year, as well as next year because I'm due in January. We still owe our pediatrician about $250. I make about $250 a week right now after the kids grocery costs and supply expenses. We do not HAVE any funds to draw from.
So, how am I feeling right about now?
HOLDING. SHIT. TOGETHER. BARELY.
4 days ago

1 comment:
How Scary!
*Hugs*
Post a Comment