Dear Internet,
After work today I went to Walmart. I know! Action! Adventure! I have no life! I have no idea what my original reason was for going there except that I needed to get out of the house. I neeeeeeeeeeded to get out. By the end of the week I'm beyond stir-crazy and even grocery shopping seems like a fabulous vacation from my routine.
I ended up getting a few great ideas for Christmas gifts for the boys. ZK and CJ were so good! I was bracing myself the entire time for some big meltdown or for something to get broken or someone to need a diaper change mid-shop, but no! They were perfect angels. I needed that today and they totally delivered.
ZK has a habit of asking "Mama can I have this?" as he points at Every. Single. Item. In. The. Store. Today was no different. He made me laugh though, as we were walking through the toy section he looked up at me and said "Mama, I fink I jus need everysing" in his lispy little toddler voice with a serious look in his eyes. I couldn't help but hug him right there because boy do I ever remember that feeling. The feeling of wanting all of the toys in the store and asking for each and every one in hope of getting just at least one thing before we went home ohpleasepleasepleasemompleeeease???
And so, I left Walmart with two tiny stuffed reindeer, a tiny wooden airplane and a couple of things for Ace's birthday tomorrow.
Oh yes! Did I mention that tomorrow is Ace's birthday? Because it is. I have fabulous plans for a really fun cake and we'll be having dinner at one of our absolute favorite restaurants with the whole family. Ace is off all day and I look forward to all of us being able to have a Saturday together again. We all enjoy our together time so much, no matter what we're doing. We like us, you know?
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment