Sunday, November 15, 2009

Donut you love me?

What a weekend this has been!

So I'm going to be completely honest here and point out the fact that the post date for the previous post is the same as for this one..... Innocent! I'm innocent, I tell you!
Yesterday was absolutely ridiculously fun and exhausting. We got home around 9pm and got the boys to bed about 930. After getting everything put away and ready for the next day (as you all know this is a mandatory procedure per my OCD) it was about 10pm. I sat down on my usual perch on the love seat with the laptop on my knees, ready to post an entry. I remember there was some silly Kardashian wedding playing on TV. The next thing I know, I was opening my bleary eyes and staring at a dark laptop screen. I remember thinking "Wow I need to go get in bed" and setting the laptop on the coffee table as I groggily picked myself up off of the couch. Then, a lighbulb went on in my brain. Did I blog?... No! I didn't! Oh no, what time is it?!
Instead of looking at my cell phone like a normal person, I quickly picked up the laptop and turned it back on..... still a dark screen.

....... "What the...?"

It was dead. After plugging it back in to the charger, I looked at the clock in the corner and it read 12:18. 12:18 AM.

FAIL!!!!

I felt like I was back in high school, sitting hunched over at my desk trying to become invisible as the teacher looked at me expectantly for my big report that was due. I didn't have it. It wasn't ready. I get a Zero.

I quickly posted one of the photos from our amazing dinner at Kobe's and left a short birthday message for Ace. I wasn't going to just not post, you know?

So internet, now I shall do what I always did when this situation came up back then. I shall ask you for another chance. I'm asking for your understanding.
Weather you think I'm disqualified or not (and I will completely understand if you do), I will still continue to post here each night until the end of the month. I know that technically I did not post on November 14th, but I was 18 minutes late.
Ah well. Tonight, you get pictures!
Yesterday was awesome. I definitely overuse that word but it really was just that. We all spent the morning together around the house until Ace and ZK left for a Monster Truck Rally. MONSTER TRUCKS! Not only did they get to meet The Bigfoot

but they also got to ride in a monster truck and meet the drivers! They had a total blast and I'm glad they were able to go, especially because Bigfoot was Ace's favorite Monster Truck when he was ZK's age. Awesomeness.

While they were gone, I was busy with a secret mission. I had to get 28 donuts and I had to get them quickly before the rally ended and everyone came back to Mimi and Grampa's house to go out to dinner. I had fabulous plans for a Krispy Kreme Donut birthday cake. It was an idea I got from This Chick Again. She did her wedding cake out of Krispy Kremes! Why didn't I think of that?!
Anyway, my plans were completely dashed to pieces as I drove up to the Krispy Kreme store only to see that all of the signs were removed from the building.... It was closed down. I called my mother in-law in a panic, wondering how I could possibly make the cake I had planned for without delicious Krispy Kremes. She assured me that we would figure something out and I decided to try Market Street because I know their baked goods are both fresh and exceptionally delicious. I didn't just want some stale pre-packaged donuts for this cake. I wanted fresh, squishy, gooey ones. I drove all the way back to the Market Street which happens to be mere blocks from my house only to walk in and realize that they actually make everything BUT donuts.... GARRSMASHRAWRAAAAAAUGHHHH!!!!
I walked to the car with CJ on my hip and I was nearly in tears. I called my mother to vent about the whole thing as I started the car. I was just going to head over to Walmart and buy the dumb pre-packaged ones and get it over with when she said "Well why don't you just go to Dunkin?"
I am so very slow sometimes. I have no idea why it hadn't occurred to me to try there in the first place. I mean, that's what they DO. THEY MAKE DONUTS. ALL DAY LONG.
And so the day was saved, thanks to my mom and her common sense. I got my 28 donuts and rushed to my in-laws' house to put the cake together with Mimi.


I think it came out pretty great if I do say so myself.

As soon as the guys and my sister in-law and her son got back from the Monster Truck show, we went to dinner at Kobe. The food was delicious, our chef was hilarious and the little boys were completely awed by the whole show as he made our food on the grill in front of us.
Onion Volcano!


They made Ace wear a funny hat. Heh.

When we got back to Mimi and Grampa's house, Ace finally got to see the surprise.

He said it was the best birthday cake he'd ever had. Then, my heart exploded into a bajillion pieces of happy sparkly confetti. I made him happy! WIN!

We all ate donuts until we couldn't eat any more.

They're stuffed. Get it? .... Heh...

When Ace and I got home he told me it was "An awesome day". So even though I blogged 18 minutes late, I feel like I really did do my job. He had a great birthday.
I love him so much.
Happy birthday again, sweet husband. You're the best.



Love, "Babe".

No comments: