Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yakkity Yak

Today was definitely not exciting. I tackled the huge pile of laundry and finally got everything clean AND put away. Okay, wait.. for me that's definitely exciting.
The boys ran around the house in their pajamas and watched cartoons until it was time to get dressed and head to the grocery store. By that time Ace was home from work and CJ was ready for a nap so ZK and I got to go alone. It's always interesting taking him anywhere alone because it always makes me realize just how MUCH he really talks. It's literally nonstop. I find myself having to stifle the urge to tell him to just hush because (1) I know for a fact that he inherited that trait from me and (2) because of that I really understand WHY he does it.
If I know you well and am comfortable with you, I will literally talk your ear off. I don't know why it is that I must always be talking, but I find it difficult to stop once I get started. I express everything verbally and I must work out any and all stress in my life through words. Usually Ace has to deal with most of it, as he's the only one around for me to talk to that has more than 40 words in his vocabulary. Poor guy.
ZK is exactly the same way. He asks a million questions. He has an opinion on everything and he's not afraid to tell you about it. He has to fill every little bit of silence with words and singing and talktalktalking because it just feels like that's what he's supposed to do. I get it, I really do. I also feel a bit sorry for him because HOO BOY is it difficult to keep friends when you're known as the one that never shuts up.

Trust me, I know.


Anyway, he talked the entire time and I did my best to just listen and be interested and ask questions back. He had a good time and I had a good time watching him smile and tell me about Santa and how he was going to get presents after "Turkey Day" and "Mama I need this! I need it! I need those cookies!".

I have a 3 day work week this week and I am looking forward to it. I am so excited for Thanksgiving and family and fun. This is definitely my favorite time of year.

No comments: