Today started out as a really typical Sunday- I finished the laundry, cleaned up the house and wrote the menus for the kids for the next week. I got a call from the In-laws early in the afternoon telling me that if I needed to get the shopping done they would love to watch the boys for me. I still have a little trouble leaving CJ for any amount of time so I decided to keep him with me and to let ZK go play with his Mimi and Grampa while I shopped. ZK is definitely a Mimi & Grampa's Boy. He would totally move in with them if I would let him. It doesn't matter how long he's been there or what they've been doing- he never wants to leave.
So, I dropped him off and went to get the groceries. Grocery shopping is always interesting with CJ because no matter where we go, there are inevitably at least 5 million old ladies that feel the need to come over and pinch his squishy little cheeks and coo over him as I try to push him down the aisles. He's a great sport though. He always manages to flash a toothy smile and a wave or to give them a high-five when they want one. He's really easygoing.
When we finally got back to Mimi & Grampa's house, Ace was there and ZK and Mason were up to their usual craziness running and screaming through the house like little wild animals. I decided to show Mimi & Grampa how well CJ has been doing with trying to walk. We all went into the living room so that he could demonstrate and Ace and I positioned ourselves across from each other so that he could walk from one of us to the other. Neither of us really expected him to actually do it, but when I let go of his little hand he took 2 wobbly steps toward Ace all on his own! I couldn't even contain my excitement. I screeched and clapped and probably totally freaked CJ out.
Grampa came over and tried to get him to walk to him and he ended up taking SIX STEPS. IN A ROW. BY HIMSELF.
It was official. Today, Sunday November 8, 2009 is the day my baby took his first steps. He is 9 months, 3 weeks and 5 days old. I have decided my baby is a Genius. Do not try to tell me otherwise.
Also? He totally gets it from me. Shut up, he does.
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment